Thursday 12/24th 3pm Christmas Mass (Remain in Vehicle)
Time & Location
About The Event
- All Christmas Eve / Christmas Day Masses will be livestreamed to the Gym and Rooms #114 & #124
- All Christmas Eve / Christmas Day Masses will be livestreamed on the homepage of our website, YouTube, and Facebook
- Seating Capacity in Church 225 people
- Seating Capacity in Gym 75 people (livestreamed)
- Seating Capacity in Room #114 and Room #124 is 25 people each (livestreamed)
- To allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting between Masses, after each Mass, the church will be locked. Doors will re-open 30 minutes prior to Mass time. Please plan to arrive no earlier than this. If you arrive before the previous Mass has concluded, we ask that you remain in the parking lot until it's time for the doors to be opened.
- Please follow all safety measures (sanitize your hands upon arrival, masks/face coverings must be worn, and social distancing protocols).
- 350 is the MAXIMUM combined number of people who can attend any one of our Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Masses.
- Registration online or by phone is REQUESTED. Registration opens on Monday, December 14, and closes once it is full or on Monday, December 21.
- Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. There is no reserving of seats.
- The ushers will seat you only when your entire group has arrived. When the church is full, you will be directed to the other seating options. When the gym, rooms #114 and #124 are full, we will not be able to accommodate any more people.
- If you register and find all the Mass times full, we encourage you to join us at the livestream and consider being in community with others virtually by inviting family and friends to a Christmas Mass watch party. Please see the details regarding this below
ITEMS TO KEEP IN MIND
- The reservation for the Parking Lot Mass is for 1 car. Meaning it is not by the number of people in a family, but by the car you will drive in with. Please feel free to have as many people as your car can allow.
- The dispensation from the Sunday obligation to attend Mass remains in place indefinitely. As well, 10am Sunday Mass and 8am Daily Mass will continue to be live-streamed.
- Please also note that attending Mass in the Parking Lot is voluntary and the parish/diocese assumes no liability related to COVID-19. It is why the first item below is emphasized.
IMPORTANT PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Please help us out! We are asking if you could please park on the WEST side of the parking lot.
- Prior to coming to attending the Parking Lot Mass, please take a moment to go through a health protocol self-checklist. If you experience any of the symptoms, out of charity towards your brother and sister in Christ, we ask that you stay home.
- We ask that you remain in your car with the exception of exiting your car briefly to receive Communion. Of course, keep social distancing from other families while receiving Communion.
GUIDELINES DURING THE PARKING LOT MASS
- Please plan on arriving no earlier than 9:30 am.
- Please enter only from the Circle Drive Entrance.
- Upon entry from the Circle Drive Entrance (all other entries will be blocked), please follow the traffic attendant's directions.
- Prior to arriving, please make sure you have your radio set to the OLM Radio Station! FM 88.5
- Or, bring your handheld device to view the live-stream Mass on Facebook or our Website.
- Please note that you will find it difficult to tune in on the radio station to listen to the audio AND watch the live-stream at the same time because there is a 30-second broadcast delay on the live-stream. Just choose whichever works best for you.
- Please feel free to have as many people as your car can allow.
- During the distribution of Communion, please remain in your car and follow the directions of the parking attendant, they will let you know when it is time to exit your car and proceed to the Communion Line. Please don't forget to wear your mask and maintain the 6' social distant guidelines at the Communion line.
- All exits will open up after Mass has ended, please follow the traffic attendant's directions when you exit the Parking Lot.
- You won't be able to linger once the Mass has ended.
- With regard to our weekly collection, we encourage you to continue to give online or text for the safety of our ministers and money counters. This can be done by visiting our Give page creating an account or by texting your offering amount to (630)647-8105, follow the rest of the instructions. For those who cannot do so, there will be a "fun" collection bin, where you may drop off your offertory. Let's just say if you have loose change in your car, you can "shoot" it in the bin! Get the children ready with any loose change as you drive by the fun collection bin.
Thank you so much for working with us on keeping each other safe. We look forward to this unique experience with you as we come together again worshipping our Lord Jesus! Come Holy Spirit!