Fri, Dec 25|
Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church
Friday 12/25th 1pm Christmas Mass
Praise God we are somewhat able to gather together within these limited parameters! HELP US TO KEEP YOU SAFE, PLEASE ARRIVE AT MASS EARLY, see note below. Kindly disregard the $0 reference.
Time & Location
Dec 25, 2020, 1:00 PM
Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church, 701 S Eola Rd, Aurora, IL 60504, USA
About The Event
- All Christmas Eve / Christmas Day Masses will be livestreamed to the Gym and Rooms #114 & #124
- All Christmas Eve / Christmas Day Masses will be livestreamed on the homepage of our website, YouTube, and Facebook
- Seating Capacity in Church 225 people
- Seating Capacity in Gym 75 people (livestreamed)
- Seating Capacity in Room #114 and Room #124 is 25 people each (livestreamed)
- To allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting between Masses, after each Mass, the church will be locked. Doors will re-open 30 minutes prior to Mass time. Please plan to arrive no earlier than this. If you arrive before the previous Mass has concluded, we ask that you remain in the parking lot until it's time for the doors to be opened.
- Please follow all safety measures (sanitize your hands upon arrival, masks/face coverings must be worn, and social distancing protocols).
- 350 is the MAXIMUM combined number of people who can attend any one of our Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Masses.
- Registration online or by phone is REQUESTED. Registration opens on Monday, December 14, and closes once it is full or on Monday, December 21.
- Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. There is no reserving of seats.
- The ushers will seat you only when your entire group has arrived. When the church is full, you will be directed to the other seating options. When the gym, rooms #114 and #124 are full, we will not be able to accommodate any more people.
- If you register and find all the Mass times full, we encourage you to join us at the livestream and consider being in community with others virtually by inviting family and friends to a Christmas Mass watch party. Please see the details regarding this below
- Prior to coming to church, please take a moment to go through a health protocol self-checklist. If you experience any of the symptoms, out of charity towards your brother and sister in Christ, we ask that you stay home.
- You must sanitize your hands upon entering the church. We will have sanitizers at the doorway.
- You must wear a mask or face covering upon entering the church and for the duration of your time inside.
- You must stay within the designated areas that are in place to adhere to the social distancing measures.
- Only door B off the main parking lot will be open to enter and exit. Please follow the marked off areas keeping to the right while entering and exiting.
- Follow the 6’ social distancing marking on the floor in the narthex at all times.
- Please follow the guidance of the hospitality ministers present who will direct you, seat you, or answer questions.
- We will be working hard between the Masses to sanitize our Worship Space and prepare it for future use throughout the day.
GUIDELINES DURING THE MASS
- Please plan on arriving at Mass early, so that our hospitality minister can escort you to your seats. We need to safely have you enter the Church whilst following social distancing parameters. If you arrive before Mass has concluded, we ask that you remain in the parking lot until the previous Mass has cleared out.
- There will not be worship aids or hymnals in the pews.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- Bring your own sanitizer to sanitize your hands before receiving communion.
- Follow directions of the usher and observe social distancing to receive communion.
- There is still no handshake of peace.
- Communion will be distributed in the hand only. Communion from the cup is discontinued indefinitely.
- For those seated in the church, the priest, deacon or extraordinary minister will come to you in the pew. We will discontinue the communion line.
- Please remember to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you, and sanitize your hands just prior to receiving communion.
- After the final blessing and dismissal, you will be dismissed by an usher, pew-by-pew like at a wedding.
- Please do not congregate in the narthex or parking lot before or after Mass.
- With regard to our weekly collection, we encourage you to continue to give online or text for the safety of our ministers and money counters. This can be done by visiting our Give page creating an account or by texting your offering amount to (630)647-8105, follow the rest of the instructions. For those who cannot do so, we will place the collection basket in the narthex for you to drop off your offerings upon entering the church.
Thank you so much for working with us on keeping each other safe. We continue to pray for you during this time of transition, especially for your health and safety. Thank you for your patience and look forward to seeing you and worshipping Jesus with you.